what we’re looking for
- Stories of up to 5000 words written by teenagers, about teenagers – broadly speaking. Stories about school, about family, about first loves and long loves, about coming of age, about hardships, about identity, about life. Stories about the way you see the world, or the way the world could be.
- Both realistic and speculative fiction – feel free to send stories that imagine different worlds entirely! These can run the gamut all the way to full-blown fantasy and sci-fi; however, we would prefer if fantasy and sci-fi stories feature Asian characters/elements/influences. Standard medieval European sword-and-sorcery fantasy probably isn’t right for us.
- Story content should be at about a PG-13 level of explicitness. Some swearing is fine.
- Stories should be sent as a .doc/.docx file in Times New Roman, font size 12, with double spacing. If you’re unsure, see standard manuscript format, although we won’t hold formatting against you.
- At the top of the piece, include your name, the title, and an approximate word count (round to nearest 100).